Friday, September 4, 2015

CIZE Livin' in the 8s for my a.m. workout.  Fourth time doing it and feels so good to get those moves down.  It is the longest one in the set I think (50+ minutes) and when I mentioned to Coach Tulin (my Beachbody coach) that it was so long she said, "Well, you earned that workout!"  What a great way to think about it. It is the last in the basic set so I'm six workouts in and tomorrow will finish the rotation.  Going to start again on Monday with the Weight Loss Cize rotation.  This time I hope to really be able to 'live' (as Shaun T would say) in the moves.  I want to not have to think about them so much, and put more expression and passion into dance.

So yesterday, my joints -- esp my knees -- felt so creaky as I did CIZE and 21 DF Cardio Fix.  I ate a lot of sugary treats the day before and I think it had an adverse effect on my body.  It isn't just about weight loss but how my body feels and yesterday it felt sluggish and uncomfortable.  I need to keep that in mind as I think about how best to fuel my body.  If you feel bad you are less likely to exercise and then it all starts to go downhill.

Up later today is 21DF Yoga Fix. Pulled out my yoga blocks just in case although I can't find my yoga strap.  Tulin had a good modification for downward dog for the PiYo workout that I may use here if that move is present.

Also, today, Tulin asked us to come up with what we hope to accomplish over the next 30 days.  Here are my health and fitness goals:

1. Drink Shakeology after a.m. workout
2. Have two salads a day
3. Incorporate eating meditation
3. Finish CIZE weight loss rotation
4. Complete at least one round of 21 DF
5. Lose 10 lbs by birthday
6. Read something motivating every time I go in kitchen
7. Improve form with planks and push ups
8. Approach this process with an open heart and mind
9. Incorporate the 21 Day Fix eating plan
10. Make not eating after 8pm a habit
11. Drink gallon of water daily
12. Keep in mind that I am an athlete-in-training
13. Celebrate the wins daily -- large and small
14. Practice self-compassion daily
15. Take meals at dining room table

16. Practice mindfulness when eating

No comments: